Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Sprinkler Park

A few weeks ago, my friend Samantha told me about a sprinkler park in Collierville where she took her little boy, and I've been planning to take Savy. There are actually two sprinkler parks in Collierville...Suggs Park and WC Johnson Park. Today I had to run some errands. I was only going to drive by to see exactly where they are located. I was planning to take Savy tomorrow and invite Suzy and the twins to go with us. Savy saw it, though, and begged to stop and play. Since I try to be a fun and spontaneous mom, I told her we'd stop for just a little while. Luckily, I still had her swimsuit in the car from our last trip to Glen Allan. I did not, however, have a towel...wish I'd thought about that before she got soaking wet.

We went to WC Johnson Park. There are two separate areas; this is the larger one.



This is the smaller one.



Savy jumped right in with all the other kids like she's known them all her life!



Every structure is a sprinkler, and water also shoots up suddenly from fountains in the ground.

This one surprised her. I love the look on her face...click on the photo to enlarge it (in case you didn't already know that).




This one fills the buckets at the top, then dumps the water out.



Both the parks are free. They're open 7 days a week from 8am to 8pm. I think we'll go back tomorrow and stay longer this time. I intend to wear my swimsuit tomorrow so I can join in the fun!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh how fun! I bet Savy had a blast! That should be a fun place to cool off!