Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Savy's Room

Today I finally got to hang some artwork in Savy's room...I've been meaning to get this up for a while. Last time Jon was in New Orleans, he had a street artist paint her name in some sort of calligraphy that is just beautiful. My mom had it framed and matted for her. Now it is hanging over her bed. The photo does not do it justice...the colors are so vivid. The inner mat is a lime green, and the outer mat is purple-blue. Jon is such a great father; he dotes on Savy. Whenever he goes out of town, he always brings her something very special when he comes home.




Savy always gets so excited when we do something new to her room. She loved her "big girl" bed from the very first night and was never afraid to sleep in it alone. She is not afraid of change at all and loves a challenge.

Here's her closet (I installed all the shelving and rods myself). She loves to play in it...see her in the left corner.




These bookends are so cute. We got them at Henco Furniture before we moved into the house. I have to put them high up because she loves to get them down and play with them. The frog king's crown has been broken and glued several times.



And here's the fairy-princess hanger that her Aunt Lesa gave her.




This is the Winnie the Pooh wall. Jon gave me all the stuffed animals when he proposed...each one wrapped individually. I opened Pooh first, Tigger, then Piglet. Eyeore was last, and he was holding the engagement ring. We bought the Pooh prints on our honeymoon in Disneyworld, and now they all belong to Savy.




No comments: