It felt very strange not working today. I got up at 6 and ran as usual. I took Kallie to the vet first thing this morning...her eye was swollen and draining yesterday. Now we have antibiotic eye ointment to give her for 7 days; I also got some pain pills for the days when her arthritis is bad. Savy and I went shopping after lunch. It was weird, but nice.
I finally finished my last project for Savy's bathroom today....painting the monkey. I decided on the safari theme when I found this fabric at Calico Corner
I originally wanted to make bedding from this fabric, but that was just too much work! I thought it was adorable and really wanted to use it somewhere...so I decided to make a roman shade and valance for her bathroom.
Yep, I made that myself. The pattern said it was a 2 hour project...I think it took me 2 weeks. You can't see the valance too well in the photo, but it is a pink leopard print. The shade is functional and is fully lined. I was quite proud of it!
Here's the monkey before and after. I painted it using a base of burnt umber with a black glaze (for the monkey) and a base of black with a gold glaze (for the thingy on his back). I found the animal print balls at Hobby Lobby.
I didn't think about the way it faces until I put it on the shelf, but this is the view you get when you walk into the bathroom
I guess it's fitting in a way...Jon nicknamed Savy Monkey Butt when she was born and called her that until she was about 1 year old.
Anyway, here's the rest
All in all, it was a pretty productive day.