Monday, October 13, 2008

So Much To Do... So Little Time

Jon and I were talking the other day about what sort of activities Savy might want to be involved in when she's older. Some sort of dance/performance class seems pretty likely....she can't resist a stage (or anything that resembles one). I think we should encourage activities that will have some lasting benefit...maybe young chefs academy or something like that.

I have always had the intention of enrolling her in some sort of martial arts classes when she's old enough. That's uselful, right? Besides the fact that it's good exercise, I'd like to know that she could protect herself. I've always wanted to do that myself, but I think I'm too old to start now. A few times I've asked Jon to teach me, but I always wind up getting discouraged and just give up. He's a good teacher, but he's 6'4" and I'm 5'2"...anything I do is completely ineffective against him, whether I'm doing it right or not.

I was complaining tonight that I've hit a plateau and don't feel I'm really making any progress lately. Jon tells me that I need to start weight training instead of just doing cardio every day. I guess I'll give it a try...I really hate lifting weights, though. I like something that I don't have to think about too much; running is my "soul searching" time. Does lifting Savy count?

No comments: