Tuesday, October 28, 2008

School Pictures

Today was picture day at Savy's preschool. She was actually cooperative and posed the way the photographer asked her to. She didn't smile in any of them (I think she was tired), but they were still cute. They should be ready around a week from now, and I'll post it when we get our order. The photographer said she does "picture parties"...sort of like a Pampered Chef party. If you host a party, she'll come to your house and do a sitting with all your guests. Then they can order photos, and the host gets a free photo package. That's a pretty good idea. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll get her name for you. I'm still holding out for Jennifer to come shoot us!

This nasty cold is still hanging on....I've been sitting around most of the day in my pajamas and fuzzy slippers. I did get dressed to go pick Savy up, so here's what I wore this afternoon. It was in the low 30's this morning and is still pretty chilly...perfect weather for a scarf.





What do you guys think of my new boots? They are soooo comfortable and warm....it's like wearing slippers. Jon thinks they're ugly and makes Sasquatch and Hiawatha jokes whenever I wear them.

Later this afternoon, I'm going to go outside and harvest some seeds. This great little vine popped up in the bed very late in the season. After doing some research, I've learned that it is a cypress vine. It's an annual vine that reseeds itself...apparently a pretty fast grower too. I intend to plant some by the back porch next spring. I just love the delicate, lacy leaves and small red flowers.


No comments: