Monday, September 1, 2008

Vacation Part II : Smoky Mountains

Mom, Savy, and I headed to the the Smoky Mountains first thing Tuesday morning. Nanny and Lee Ottis got there on Monday. Savy was really good for the ride....especially considering that we couldn't get the DVD player to work. We checked into the motel Tuesday afternoon and went straight to the Old Mill to buy duck food.
Savy loved feeding the ducks and constantly asked to go out to "feed the duckies." It wasn't long before she was hand-feeding them.

Tuesday


Wednesday




Thursday



I really wish I had taken my camera when we went to the river Thursday afternoon. Savy had been trying to pet the ducks since we arrived but they were just a little too quick for her. She must've planned this the night before. She dumped her whole bag of food out right at her feet. While the ducks were distracted by the big pile of food, she reached down and grabbed one. She didn't hurt him, but she did give him a big hug and would not put him down. Mom literally had to pry him out of her arms...we laughed so hard we cried. I don't have a pic, but here's kind of what he looked like when she finally let go.



Savy loved Dollywood! The weather was great...overcast but not raining, so it wasn't too hot. It wasn't crowded at all, and we didn't have to wait in line for anything. There were actually a few times when she was the only person on a ride.
Our first ride was the antique cars, and Savy got to drive!




She loved the carousel


Ducks


Piggy Parade


Busy Bees


Dumbo Drop (this one went really high, so I had to ride with her). You can't see us, but we're in the one that's flying.


There was even a kiddie roller coaster. We're in the orange car...you can just barely see the top of her head


And we rode the train...a real steam engine


I wasn't able to ride the smaller kiddie rides with her....I tried to fit in those little seats, but I just couldn't quite wedge myself in. She did very well by herself, though, and didn't try to stand up while she was moving.

On the way out, Mom bought Savy a pink t-shirt with horses and a mug with her name on it. When we got back to our room, she immediately had to put on the shirt and have her kool-aid in the mug.


We also did a lot of shopping. Mimi bought Savy a lot of new clothes. Savy bought a kitty cat (stuffed) at The Disney Store with some of the money her Pappy gave her. The motel had an indoor heated pool and a hot tub, so we went swimming a few times. Lee Ottis even went swimming with us one afternoon. Savy wanted Nanny to get in the pool, but she sat on a lounge chair and just watched us swim.

We had a great time! We left for home Saturday morning, and Savy was very glad to see her daddy again....she really missed him while we were gone. I'm glad to be back into my routine; I actually missed my morning runs.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

AHHHH, I'm so glad you are back! I love reading your blogs. It is like my coffee in the morning.