Sunday, September 7, 2008

Laundry Tips : How To Keep Your Whites White

More product reviews! I've been doing a lot of these lately...and, yes, I'm being lazy because it's a work day, and I don't really have anything else to write about.

Is anyone wondering how to keep your white shirts and socks looking bright white? Bleach and oxi-clean get rid of stains, but my white clothing still looked gray (or sometimes yellow). I started putting a few drops of Mrs. Stewart's Bluing in the wash with my whites, and they look brand new now.



I use this in every load of white laundry. Make sure to follow the directions; if you put too much in, it can turn clothes blue. I add a few drops to the washer tub while it is fillling, let it fill completely with water, then add my clothing.


Here's another laundry gadget I recently started using.




Dryer balls really do cut down on drying time. They are also a great alternative to fabric softener...I stopped using fabric softener because of the chemicals and their long term effect on fabric. These are also helpful for items that are hang-dried. I hang-dry my jeans to preserve the shape and prevent "growing," but this leaves them stiff. Once they are dry, I throw them in the dryer for about 5 minutes on the no heat setting with a couple of dryer balls...then they are soft and comfy.

No comments: