Friday, September 12, 2008

Exhaustion

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but by the time Savy went to bed, I was too tired to lift a finger. I dropped her off at preschool yesterday morning, then came home and started cleaning/organizing the garage. It took all day, but I got it done! I didn't take before pics, but here are the afters.

This is the side where Jon parks his work car...it's a single, but this one was more work than the double where we park our personal vehicles.




And here is my new car!!!!



Minivan actually. I swore that I would never be a minivan-mom...that's sort of admitting that you're too old now to have a sports car. David joked that my next car after the van will have to be some huge Buick...thanks David, hahaha. But I love this thing! It is like driving a car, but I have all this room now. It has dual zone air and heat for the front, separate rear air control for the passengers, stow and go seats, side curtain airbags, power doors... I could go on and on. I really, really like it.

Anyway, Savy had a great time at school, but she was terrible when I got her home. She was getting into one thing after another and making messes left and right. Here's a pic after she finished her "roni cheese" (macaroni and cheese)....yes, that is macaroni in her hair.



And here I've caught her climbing again. I heard her pushing the stool over to the counter and ran in to catch her in the act....she was so pleased with herself. I guess we are going to have to put the barstools away for awhile.





Late yesterday afternoon I mulched the flower bed...yes, by myself! Loaded the bags on the wagon, dragged them over to the bed, dumped them out and spread out the mulch without any help. I'm quite proud of myself. Jon grilled hamburgers for dinner, and I went to bed as soon as I put Savy down.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new car. We think it is a dodge. I really can't tell the color. On the computer it looks like it is maybe about the color of Jon's pickup or some color blue. Did you trade your car or john 's truck?

I like the roni cheese thing. Savy looks sweet.

Christy said...

Nanny, yes, it's a Dodge Grand Caravan. It's a very dark blue. We have to take it into the dealership next week...they're going to tint the front windows for me and put on a remote start.

Christy said...

We traded both vehicles in...Jon has a new truck too. We got them both DIRT CHEAP....our payments combined are less than what we were paying for the Expedition we used to have.

Christy said...

I'll move this comment from my SIL Lesa up to the front...love the screen name Lesa!

From Bossy Lesa on September 11, 2008 at 9:22 pm.

Hey Christy,
I keep forgetting to read the blog.
I'll try to do better. I have really enjoyed reading it and seeing the pictures of you all. You sure are looking wonderful. Call, and get me motivated. I NEED to do Something!!!Love Lesa

Anonymous said...

Ha Ha I have been a mini van owner since Lauren was born and she is 7 now. You mean you have that I was old and didnt tell me. Cute pics of Savvy in her costume. Carolyn is going to be a Lion and gee can you guess Lauren is going to be Hannah Montana.

Christy said...

Ann, ummmmm, of course I didn't think you were old! :) I just always considered minivans to be a "mom car"....and you were a mom. But these things are really great!