Thursday, August 7, 2008

UNpleasantville

What a crappy morning...it certainly made up for yesterday being really good!

I got up at my usual time this morning, went to let the dogs out, and it was still dark. There were lots of dark clouds, lightning, and it was just starting to rain. Needless to say, I did not get to go for a run this morning. I got back into bed to sleep for another hour before starting work.

When I got up, I discovered the storm had knocked out our internet and phone service, and comcast had no idea when it would be fixed. Guess what happens when I have no internet connection...that's right, I can't work from home. So I had to wake Savy and get her dressed, pack up the laptop, and go to the coffee shop in town (hoping their internet service was not out). Luckily, they had a connection, so I didn't have to go all the way to the office in Memphis. We had banana-nut muffins for breakfast. Thankfully, Savy was very patient and well-behaved again today...I was so proud of her!

Once our service was restored and I was back at home, I discovered my printer is out of ink. Now I have to go back into town to get a new cartridge.

I just recently bought myself a raincoat, and Mimi bought Savy a raincoat last weekend. I did have rainboots but returned them yesterday because they were too small. Jon's been making fun of me for getting prepared for rainy weather...asking if I think a flood is coming. Well, here you go, Jon. This is what our weather was like this morning.
Front porch view:

Back porch view:


You can see how the wind was blowing Savy's hair:


And the dogs definitely did not want to be outside:



I ordered rainboots for Savy and myself when we got home. These are Savy's


I almost got the exact same ones for myself (they have them in adult sizes). I decided that might be a little too cute for an adult, so I settled on these. They have cherries too, so they match Savy's boots but are more sophisticated....don't you think?


They should be here Monday. We probably will not see any more rain for another two months, but I'll be prepared when it comes!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

You will not believe me when I tell you this but Addi has the same pair of rain boots. We bought them at Target last year! They are adorable. I am really digging your boots! It is always refreshing to read your blog, it gives me something to look forward to... what a life I have..ha!

Christy said...

Jen, I ordered mine and Savy's from Target.
The way I see it, this is just a substitute for talking in person or on the phone. I mean, if you lived close by, we'd probably talk all the time...and we'd look forward to that, right?