Thursday, December 31, 2009

Goodbye 2009!

Happy New Year, everyone! We've had a rather uneventful New Year's Eve so far. We ran a few errands in town today and had lunch at El Porton. Then we came home and shot some fireworks that Mimi and Papi sent home with Savy when we were there for Christmas. Jim, Suzie, Abbey and Zoe came out with us to watch.



I actually got Scarlett to go to bed at 8:30 tonight...8:30! I was ecstatic. Then the people who live behind us woke her up with loud fireworks at 9:30. Now she is wide awake, and probably will be for several hours because she had an hour long nap. Grrrrr.

I tried a new dish for dinner tonight. I guess our New Year's resolution is to start eating healthy again... I've used that "eating for two" excuse long enough. Time again to start thinking about fat and calories when I cook! This was very good and very healthy...very easy too.

Mushroom swiss chicken served on brown rice with steamed veggies


Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray and brown the chicken breasts, then put them in a baking dish, cover with aluminum foil, and bake until done. Once the chicken is done, saute some sliced baby bella mushrooms (also with non-stick cooking spray). Cover chicken with fat-free swiss cheese (I used Kraft fat-free singles) and put back in oven until cheese is melted. Top with the mushrooms and serve over rice. Season with whatever you like. The rice is just the Success brand "boil-in-bag" whole grain rice. The veggies are the "steam-in-bag" variety. Super easy...as most of our meals have to be these days.

Random photos...Savy "stickered" Scarlett today.



And I found Alvin and Einstein on my desk like this...looks like they're about to fight.



It's been a great year, and 2010 will be even better. I can't think of any place I'd rather be tonight than here with Jon and our girls.

1 comment:

TheresainMS said...

Happy New Year! Enjoy your weekend with 'Mimi' visiting.