Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Morning

I'm so happy I got a little "me" time last night! Jon kept the girls while I went to see a movie...I really needed a break. Scarlett actually slept all night last night, so it's a good morning.

It's been awhile since I posted a recipe, so I thought I'd share the recipe for the blueberry muffins I made this morning. This recipe makes 6 extra large muffins or 12 regular muffins. I like these because they aren't overly sweet.




Ingredients

1 stick unsalted butter (you can decrease this...I only used 1/3 of the butter the recipe calls for)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups blueberries (I used frozen)
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup splenda
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 cup plus 4 tablespoons milk

Combine dry ingredients and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Stir liquid slowly into the dry ingredients until lumps are gone, then gently fold in blueberries. Spoon into greased muffin pan (or can use muffin liners), and bake at 375 for about 30 minutes (less if you make regular size muffins).

The reason I only used one third of the butter called for is because I spilled most of it after I melted it. The muffins were still really good, and healthier too.

I also want to post a pic of Crick's clever hiding spot this morning.He was sitting on the light fixture in the breakfast room...Savy had to have Jon's help to find him today.

1 comment:

Nanny said...

The muffins look so good. I copied the recipe to try.