Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Need An Alternative to the Generic Gift?

This time of year, many people wrack their brains trying to think of the perfect gift. Jon happens to be a great gift-giver...he can always surprise me with something I absolutely love. I don't know how he does it...maybe he keeps a list of things I notice in stores, snoops on my browser history, or maybe I talk in my sleep. Whatever his methods, I always love what he gives me. Some of us aren't lucky enough to always know "just the right thing" (me included). So I thought I'd compile a list of some gifts I've received in the past that I love.


Compact Mirror


I got this for Christmas last year, and it is one of my favorite things. I keep it in my purse all the time. It's really pretty, and I feel kind of glamourous when I take it out to check my makeup or hair.


Turbie Twist
Another gift from last year. These are so much more convenient than a full sized towel, and they stay in place. I use these every single day.


Cashmere Wrap

I adore this one! I got this exact one (just a different color) last year for Christmas, and I wore it all the time last winter. You can use it as a scarf or as a wrap. It is so soft and cozy.


Gift certificate for massage from a good spa/salon
...who wouldn't love this one?



Hardcover edition of a favorite children's book

I got a hardcover edition of "No Flying in the House" last year. It was my absolute favorite book when I was a kid, and I love having a hardcover copy for myself.



Monogrammed Tervis Tumblers

Tervis Tumblers are awesome! You can have your initial put on them, or any number of other emblems. They do not sweat, keep beverages ice cold (or hot, depending), and they have a lifetime warranty. You can also get lids to fit any of them. Jon especially loves the coffee mugs!





Lampe Berger


We have this one, but they come in numerous styles and sizes. This thing will make your entire house smell wonderful. It gets rid of any bad odor. Even if you burn something while cooking...just light this baby up and the smell is gone. I believe these were originally used in old hospitals to purify the air. We get "sampler" sets of the oils from the Happi Store...our favorite scent is the creme brulee .

Quality monogrammed cashmere or leather gloves
I haven't received this as a gift, but I did once give a pair of soft leather, cashmere lined gloves that were monogrammed with the recipient's initials at the wrist, and they loved the gift.

No comments: