Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Wonders of Benadryl

Scarlett had to go to the pediatrician yesterday because she's had a terrible cough. For three nights she's been coughing all night long, which means no sleep for any of us. She's still too young for cough medicine, but Dr Higginbotham did give the go-ahead for her to have a half teaspoon of children's benadryl. I gave her a dose before bed last night, and she slept! She slept so soundly, Jon actually went in to check on her.

Jon and I were trying to set up my new table saw the other night, but one of the parts was broken. Last night he took it back and exchanged it for an even better one, so I hope we can set it up tonight. I had a great idea for something I want to build today, and I can't wait to get started on it! Hint (to myself in case I forget), it's a version of a riddling rack. I forgot to mention that we cleaned out the small garage bay - it's now all mine to use as a workshop. Jon and I are both parking in the big bay now.

Dinner last night

Portabella mushrooms stuffed with spinach artichoke filling. These were vegan, and I used Dayia instead of cheese for the topping. They were pretty good. This was my first time ever cooking with tofu.



I made a different version for Savy since she hates mushrooms. I put a little of the filling in a mini casserole dish and topped it with cheddar cheese. She ate it like dip with triscuits.




And tomato basil soup....not vegan because it's made with chicken broth.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Can I come eat at your house?

Christy said...

Anytime, Jen :)