Thursday, June 3, 2010

Catching Up

I've been taking pictures all week, but I never seem to have time to post them. This is what we've been doing since Monday.

Monday - dough.

No, not




Dough...as in pizza dough.



I haven't made pizza from scratch since home ec. class in high school...ohhh, 'bout 20 years ago. I decided I'd give it another try. Since I don't own a stand mixer (did all the kneading by hand), I can truly say this is home-made pizza. And it was delicious...seriously, you have got to try this recipe for Caramelized Onion & Prosciutto Pizza from Pioneer Woman.



Tuesday - Scarlett's 10 month checkup. She's doing just great! He suggested we put her on a liquid multivitamin now, but that's not working out too well so far...she hates it. Also had lunch with Jon at Panera, and I used my free birthday coupon at Sheridan's Frozen Custard.

Wednesday - Scarlett was soooo fussy. She woke up early and I just couldn't do anything to make her happy. I thought a walk might help, so I loaded everyone in the stroller.



It was only about 9 am, so I thought it shouldn't be too hot. Boy, was I wrong! I thought I might have a heat stroke before we made it home, and I had a pounding headache for the rest of the day. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't gone so far...I think we went about 3 miles. And Scarlett was still super fussy anyway.

I forgot which day this was, so I'll just stick it in here. Savy made a mosquito costume (fairy wings and a black straw for the proboscis) and spent an afternoon buzzing around the house and "sucking blood" from everyone.



I have no idea where she got this idea. She tried it on her own leg and gave herself a hickey...that kinda freaked her out.

Thursday (today) - Lunch at Red Robin and sprinkler park with "Aunt" Krista, John, an Spencer. Savy had a ball...the sprinkler park is one of her favorite places.



Krista and Scarlett




I thought Scarlett would enjoy sitting by one of the smaller sprinklers...



...not so much.

Back to the blanket.




John and Spencer demonstrating brotherly love.




Later on, I took Scarlett over to the smaller sprinkler area where there weren't so many people. She played for a couple of minutes before she demanded to be picked back up.





And we ended the day with pool school. That's Savy swimming on her own under the water.



I'm glad we don't have anything planned for tomorrow because I need a day to rest.

No comments: