Friday, March 12, 2010

We baked chocolate-chocolate chip muffins tonight....so yummy. These are Savy's favorite.




Scarlett usually throws a fit while I'm cooking, but tonight she was perfectly content to sit on the island and play with the onions.







A few cooking-related things I've learned recently....

1. I've known for some time there is a tool called a garlic press. Only yesterday did I learn that a garlic PRESS is actually used to MINCE garlic. All this time I've been mincing garlic by hand....argh!

2. I finally know the secret to making perfect pancakes!!!!!! There is nothing you can't learn on YouTube!

3. You don't need dirt to grow an onion.



4. Last week when I was refilling my flour and cornmeal bins, I got distracted and put white cornmeal in the flour bin by mistake. I figured this out yesterday. That is probably why that last batch of blueberry muffins I made tasted so weird.

2 comments:

Nanny said...

I need to know how to make those perfect pancakes..Out with the secret!

Merideth said...

Oh lordy, heels already!!!!