Thursday, March 18, 2010

I'm getting so spoiled with Granny Ruth here this week. She has kept Savannah and Scarlett occupied every day. I'm not going to know what to do when she goes home tomorrow! The girls have loved having her here.

Everyone piled up on Granny Ruth for a nap





Our birds from last year are back. Don't misunderstand, I love birds...I put out seed, put up birdhouses, and maintain the birdbath all year. But I just don't want them building nests on the speakers on our patio. Last year these house finches built a nest before I realized what they were up to, and I didn't have the heart to tear it down. We had to move our grill (due to the bird poop) and we couldn't use the stereo out there for fear of scrambling the bird eggs. I caught them early this year and decided to put a stop to it before they put too much effort into it. I really wanted a plastic owl or rubber snake to scare them off, but I couldn't find one. So I improvised.



Yes, that is Mox the fox (borrowed from Savy's gang of Starfall characters) guarding our patio speakers. It worked too...those birds haven't been back under the patio!

Today was a beautiful day. Granny Ruth took Savy and Scarlett outside for some fresh air this afternoon.




And I went for a run this afternoon...perfect weather for it. Granny Ruth treated us to dinner at El Nopal tonight. We sure are going to miss her tomorrow.

No comments: