Sunday, August 15, 2010

Savannah spent the weekend at Mimi's house and got home today. I missed her so much...it just isn't the same around here without her. Jon, Scarlett, and I went to East Memphis yesterday and did a little shopping. I had my first trip to Fresh Market - I think I've found supermarket heaven!

I didn't get the bed finished, but at least it's assembled and sanded. All I have to do now is prime and paint it, and I believe I'll wait a week or so until it cools off a bit. There was no blood or tears involved in the building of this toddler bed, but there was definitely plenty of sweat...it was over 100 degrees almost every day that I worked on it!



I had Scarlett model so you can get an idea of the size. It fits a standard crib mattress.




In hindsight, I'm not sure the canopy was such a great idea. I love the way it looks, but I'm afraid she might try to climb/swing on it when she's older. Although the bed itself is very, very sturdy, there really isn't a way to make the canopy strong since I had to use 1x2's. It is removeable, so if she breaks it in the future, she'll just have to do without a canopy. Plus, I've already banged my head on it a few times...

If anyone is interested, I will consider taking an order for another one - though I probably won't build another one with a canopy.

2 comments:

Nanny said...

Scarlett looks like a little doll standing by the bed. Good job on the bed, Christy. Maybe we can come up before long and keep the girls occupied while you paint it.

Christy said...

That would be nice! I can't see me getting it done without someone to keep Scarlett occupied.