Saturday, February 6, 2010

You've Got To Try This!

I was in the mood to cook tonight, so I tried a couple of new recipes from the Pioneer Woman. I've never found a recipe on her site that I didn't like. I've been wanting to make enchiladas, but Scarlett gets a tummy ache when I eat the red or green sauce in most enchilada dishes. I found an enchilada recipe that doesn't use either, and it is AWESOME! I reduced the chilis and left out the jalapeno (for Scarlett's sake), and I tweaked it a bit to make it lower in fat.

White Chicken Enchiladas




Then came the dessert, also courtesy of Pioneer Woman.

Molten Chocolate Lava Cake



Look at this....home-made whipped cream! That's a first for me.



Unfortunately, the dessert was NOT low in fat. It was very good, but not overly sweet...next time, I think I'll substitute vanilla ice cream for the whipped cream.

This meal got a 4-star rating from Jon...he knocked off a star because it wasn't very spicy. I'm definitely adding this to the rotation! I think I deserve some special treatment for a 4-star meal...hint, hint.

Only one more day until my week off. It's been a long week. I wish my 7 days on flew by as fast as my 7 days off.

No comments: