Friday, August 5, 2011

We Knew It Was Coming

Last night after I put Scarlett to bed, I heard her calling for me. When I went into her room, she showed me her new trick...she can put her leg over the crib rails now. Of course, this means she can climb out of the crib. So this is what we did last night...



We took the side off her crib. She was not at all happy about that, but now that she's shown us she can get over that siderail, we don't want to risk her climbing out and falling in the process. She eventually went to sleep... after many trips by me and Jon to put her BACK in bed.

Luckily, the toddler bed was ready and waiting. I disassembled the crib today and moved it out of the room. I thought she'd be upset (that girl LOVES her crib), but she was fine with it. I moved the toddler bed to where to crib used to be and put the crib mattress on it. She has brand new bedding, but she kept her green blankie.




There's much more room to play in her room now.



Testing it out...




I have to admit I got a little sad when I was taking apart her crib. I'm not sure if it's because she's growing so fast or the fact that it's probably the last time we'll need that crib....I'm sad to see it go. It seems like just a few weeks ago that I was putting it together for her, just before she was born!

Tonight she wanted to be rocked to sleep...that's something she hasn't wanted in a while. So I rocked her to sleep and put her in her "big girl" bed, and so far she's still sleeping. It's going more smoothly than I expected. This toddler bed was the first "real" furniture I ever built. It makes me feel good to know my little girl is sleeping in a bed made especially for her by Mommy.

No comments: