Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Kindergarten

I've barely had time to enjoy my week off so far...we've had lots to do every day. Monday we went to Fayette Academy to register Savannah for kindergarten - I can't believe she'll be starting this fall! Not only that, Scarlett will be starting preschool 2 days a week this fall (she'll be going to the same one Savy's in now). I'll be all by myself for the first time in a looong time.

I'm feeling a little emotional at the thought of Savannah being gone every day. Luckily, she loves school and can't wait to start kindergarten. I hear really good things about Fayette Academy, too. It's a pretty small school, and it reminds me and Jon of the small private schools we attended when we were kids. We took a walk around the grounds after we finished with registration.

Football field



Softball field



Savy checking out some deer tracks...they were all over the place.



Sweet little garden where the kids can grow stuff...they assured us it looks a lot better in the summertime.




Scarlett had her 18 month checkup yesterday. Her pediatrician said she's doing great. I think she's part monkey...climbing on EVERYTHING now. I caught her on top of the kitchen island last week.



Can you believe that?


I finished out week 4 of Couch to 5 K just before the cold weather hit. So far I've been able to complete every day on the first try. I have to admit I'm a little apprehensive about week 5...that's where it really starts getting tough. Since it's been too cold and rainy to run, I've been going to the gym. I really like the new one, so it's worth a little extra driving to get there. I've been thinking about getting a personal trainer to help me with weight training...not my favorite thing to do, but I really need to start.

I was a bit discouraged the first few times I worked out after being diagnosed. I was so fatigued and hadn't really exercised much at all since Scarlett was born. But I'm getting back in shape much more quickly than I expected. At first I was worried that I wouldn't get back to the level I was before my last pregnancy. Now I know I'm going to be even better!

No comments: