Friday, September 4, 2009

I guess I had forgotten just how much time a newborn demands. It seems I never have enough time to do what I need to. By the end of the day when both girls have finally gone to sleep, I'm too tired to do anything other than just go to bed myself. It's all worth it, though!

Savannah is still being a great big sis. When Scarlett cries, Savy goes to check on her, covers her with her blanket, and tries to give her a pacifier. I thought this was so sweet...Savy couldn't lie beside Scarlett, so she took a nap right under the swing to be near her.



Savy made this little distraction for Scarlett. She hung her magnetized Pooh toys from the mobile on the play yard. Scarlett seems to like it.



Yesterday I let Savy pick out her own clothes for school. She chose the t-shirt Jon brought her from Nashville and her little mermaid cap.



This is the buzzy-bee she made at school.



Scarlett was pretty fussy yesterday afternoon, so we played on the patio for awhile. Scarlett likes being outside and usually is content to lie in her cradle on the patio and watch the hummingbirds.



Savy picked a couple of over-ripe tomatoes and mushed them up for the dogs to eat.



I watered my plants and actually got a chance to read through the Southern Living mag I've had for over a week now. This is my favorite outdoor plant...the dragon wing begonia. This one has gotten huge, but the ones on the front sitting area aren't this pretty.



I need to pull up my summer annuals and plant some mums, and I need to pull weeds in the front flower bed. I guess that's my goal for next week.

1 comment:

Nanny said...

Christy I love your blog. It's the way I keep up with whats going on in your life. The picture of Savy taking a nap by the baby swing is precious. I told you she would be a good little baby sitter. Savy has such a tender little heart. She is so gentle with the baby. We love you and your babies and Jon.