Wednesday, May 19, 2010

It is officially summer vacation - Tuesday was Savy's last day of school. She's not too happy about it (she loves school), but she is looking forward to starting pool school next week.

I worked last week, so we were stuck at home. I took some pics of Savy and Scarlett playing dress-up.





Savy decided last week she just had to have a pet fish, so we went to get one today. She picked out a betta fish and a little tank for him to live in, as well as a decoration and a plant. She named him Timmy and talked to him all the way home. We had to set up the tank as soon as we walked in the door.



Timmy waiting patiently for his new home to be ready.


This is one happy girl!



He seems to like his new home.



He's named after Timmy Turner of "The Fairly Oddparents"




But Jon and I can't help but think of....



I'm going to do my best to keep him alive. Savy loves to feed animals, and she has said "I think my fish is hungry" about a thousand times today. I hid the food to keep her from overfeeding him.

Savy has been obsessed with books since I made these special bookshelves for her a month or so ago. She's constantly asking us to read to her now, and she even "reads" to us. It used to be a battle to get her to go to bed, but now she frequently asks to go to bed BEFORE her bedtime because she can't wait for her bedtime story. She's always had lots of books, but she wasn't that interested in them when they were sitting on a shelf with only the spines visible. Now that the covers are on display, it's completely different. That's probably one of the most rewarding projects I've ever done.

Speaking of books, I signed Scarlett up for Dolly Parton's Imagination Library program yesterday...that's where Savannah got most of her books. It's such a great program, and I just found out that it's not limited to Tennessee residents. Open to children from birth up to 5 years of age, they'll send an age-appropriate book each month...for free! Savannah loves getting her books each month. If anyone is interested, just click on the link and sign up you little one.

No comments: