Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I don't know where she got the idea to do this, but last week Savannah decided she was going to sell pictures to earn some money. She got on PBSkids.com and printed out a whole stack of coloring pages. She insisted on setting up a "stand" at the end of our driveway to sell her pictures. Savy was so excited about doing this...here she is at her "stand" with the Elmo bucket to put her earnings in.



It was the middle of the afternoon on Monday, and I knew there would be no one driving by...we don't get much traffic in our cove. I couldn't bear the thought of her being disappointed, so I secretly stuffed my pockets with change before we went outside. It was windy, so (once she got set up), I suggested she grab a couple of big rocks from the new play area to keep her pictures from blowing away. While she was doing that, I hid most of her papers in the mailbox and put all the change in her bucket. I planned to tell her someone drove by and bought a bunch of pictures while she was in the back yard. It just so happened that the UPS truck came to turn around in the cove as she was walking back, so she thought the UPS man bought her pictures.

After closing up shop, Savy and Scarlett played in the sand for awhile.



Jon set up the pool for the girls last weekend.



Wild sea monster - better than a mechanical bull.




Vita found a nice shady spot out of splashing distance.



Here's another recipe I want to share. Tonight's dinner was very good - Chicken Fajita Chowder.



I only made a few changes to the recipe. I added about a tsp of cumin. I omitted the sour cream and garnished with a little greek yogurt instead. I didn't stir in any cheese, I just sprinkled a bit on the top for garnish. And I used organic blue corn chips instead of tortilla chips. I also used my blender to puree the soup before serving since Savannah is more likely to eat a pureed soup than one where she can see all the individual ingredients...wonder where she gets that little quirk????

No comments: