Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Just Some Ideas For A Friend

Ok, I know the kitchens in these photos cost tens of thousands of dollars, but I'm just looking at individual parts of the photos - so don't freak out :) These are also just general ideas - it's kind of hard to be specific without actuallly seeing the space.

All these images are ones that I've found while browsing for ideas, and I don't know where most of them came from. If I upset anyone by using one of these, please contact me and I'll be happy to take it down.

Color scheme: I'd suggest white cabinets or a medium to light wood finish. Here are some color schemes I love. I adore light cabinets with a dark countertop, but if you live in a dusty area, a dark surface will probably show dust worse than a lighter color.









I think this one mimics your floor plan, except for that bar.


This one sort of mimics it too....if that bar (in the picture you sent) is gone, would there be room for an island like this except smaller?


I like the open shelf underneath the cabinets - for spices or frequently used items.


I like those open shelves in the corner too...gives a little extra storage space without having to have a full cabinet. It makes the space seem more open.



Where the bar was in the photo you sent...is there a full wall behind it or is there an opening into another room. Could you put a shallow floor to ceiling pantry cabinet there? Or how about a piece of furniture (old buffet, hutch, console table) for extra storage?

How about a rolling island if the space isn't wide enough for a big fixed island...one that you could move over to the prep area when you need it, then move it against the wall when you don't.

No comments: