Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Before and After

I finally have our first before and after photo for the new house! We have been working on several things - especially outside - but this is the first room that is completely finished. I absolutely HATED the tile in the girls' bathroom when we moved in. It was plain, stark white square tiles, and the grout (which used to be white) was pretty stained. But after tearing out the old tile in our rental last fall, replacing it was the LAST thing I wanted to do. Here is the only real before pic I have (it's from the realtor.com listing).




So I decided I'd try to work with it. The biggest problem was the grout - after a thorough cleaning, it was still gross. As a last resort, I tried Grout Renew from Home Depot. That stuff is amazing...the grout was white again! Then I painted the walls white. At this point, Savannah started complaining about all the white. I believe she said, "You paint EVERYTHING white!", but I convinced her to give it a chance. So here is the new girls' bathroom.



It sorta reminds me of a gas station bathroom now...

I love the "vintage" sign.



New cabinet pulls



A battery operated essential oil diffuser



It glows and changes color in the dark.



Savannah insisted I replace the toilet seat with a new light-up one...didn't take a pic of that though.

Next we will be finishing the outside before the weather gets too cold. After that I'll be doing more of the inside stuff - and there is LOTS of stuff to be done.



No comments: